I am doing a 366 project - it is a 365 project but 2012 is a leap year. One of the things I have been doing is posting the info about the image in my blog. You can see what I mean by following this link The process of creating these posts is not as streamlined as I would like. I still have lots of copying and pasting to do of links from SmugMug. I am hoping to find a way to simply create this information based on just the ImageID# and ImageKey#.
What I currently do is the following:
- Take cool picture for the day
- Process picture of the day, the method varies
- Not traveling I use LR, PS, and plug ins as needed
- When traveling I use iPad
- Put in comments about the image, this is typically a brief description in the caption
- Upload picture to SmugMug, once again it varies
- Lightroom when home
- PhotoSync on the iPad (which now allows me to resync to my home catalog)
- I then go to the "Share" button and get the medium size image link, I paste that in the Image tool of my WordPress blog.
- I then copy the X3 size image and place that in the link to section of the Image tool. I also have to select for it to make the link go to a new window.
- The next step is to copy the thumbnail size and paste that into the thumbnail section of the post.
- I type more of the post as needed.
- I copy and paste the formatted text of the image information into the end of the post.
What I am thinking of doing is doing this all in the Journal (old) style so that I have a little less work to do and it has the look I am looking for. However I would like to include the link to open the EXIF next to each image in the caption area. Is that easy to do by just using?
I am still not sold on the format for the image display, so any comments are appreciated.