Yes, there is.
I created this video tutorial to help you make a site that looks and works like this:
http://www.johnnywalkerphotography.smugmug.com/ (demo site)
Who is this video tutorial for:
It's ideal for new SmugMug users as I start the tutorial from scratch.
But I know many people that have existing and well established SmugMug sites that have used some or all of the tutorial videos to redesign their site.
The tutorail is also good for people that:
- Want a nice looking site up quickly
- Want a nice looking site up without having to pay someone
- Want a nice looking site up without the having to learn CSS and figure it all out on their own.
Though I created the tutorial for my "professional wedding photography" audience that read my blog, the steps can be used to create any professional or amateur website.
Features of the site that I will help you make:
- Clean, clear, pleasing design
- Homepage slideshow
- Navigation bar created using the Easy Customizer
- Banner image (I created a bonus video tutorial on how to make your own DYI banner image)
- Special "Work With Me" Page (which could be used for any other special page like "About Me", "Testimonails", "Services", etc.)
- Steps on how to easily create a "Portfolio" gallery using photos from uploaded galleries.
- 95% customization using the Easy Customizer (making it very easy for you to later add "your own touch")
- For the little bit of advanced customization, I give you all the CSS code that is needed. You just need to cut and paste the code into your site.
The video tutorial includes:
- 8 easy to follow youtube videos with clear audio and video of my screen showing you exactly how to do each step.
- Play, pause, follow the instructions. Rinse and repeat!
- Entire tutorial can be completed in just a few hours.
- If you leave questions on my blog or on the YouTube page, I will answer them in a timely fashion (usually less than 24 hours). Some questions lead to me creating supplementary tutorial videos!
I hope it helps.